About Trip Overview
This is a climbing trip in the Langtang valley north of Kathmandu. The climb is easy and suited for anyone with trekking experience. We start in Syabrubesi after a 5 hour drive from Kathmandu and spend five days hiking up the beautiful Langtang valley to Kyanjin Gompa at 3800 m. Kyanjin Gompa is situated below Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and we spend three days acclimatizing taking day-hikes in spectacular surroundings. We establish base camp on a meadow at 4800 m and climb Yala Peak the next day. The last 400 m is on ice so we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope. From the summit we can see Shishapangma (8046 m) and the fluted Gangchempo (6388 m). After the climb we return to Syabrubesi and drive to Kathmandu..
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu and met our staff and transfer to hotel.
Day 2 Half day guided sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
Day 3 Drive to Dhunche (1950m) and stay at camp.
Day 4 Trek to Syabru (2200m)
Day 5 Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m)
Day 6 Trek to Langtang (3100m)
Day 7 Trek to Kyangching Gompa (3750m)
Day 8 Excursion to Tserko Ri (5033m)
Day 9 Trek to Yala Peak Base Camp (4800m)
Day 10 Yala Peak summit (5732m)
Day 11 Reserve day.
Day 12 Trek to Ghora Tabela (3050m)
Day 13 Trek to Syabru (2200m)
Day 14 Trek to Sing Gompa (3300m)
Day 15 Trek to Dhunche (1950m)
Day 16 Dhunche drive back to Kathmandu by bus.
Day 17 Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 18 Transfer to airport to return to home.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency