About Trip Overview
Everest base camp trek provides you great opportunity to have unique experience. If you have ever longed to set eyes on our highest summit then this exciting trek in the Everest region gives you the opportunity to fulfill a dream, while taking in some of the most breathtaking scenery in the Himalaya. Ever since the days of early climbing expeditions, the 8848m mountain has had a lure of its own, drawing climbers to scale it and trekkers to gaze on its icy faces. Naturally, the trail to the base camp of the mountain has become one of the most popular trekking routes in Nepal, yet few people return from the trek unmoved by the experience of being right in among the highest peaks in the world.
During the trek we follow the main Everest Base Camp, the route pioneered and still used by many climbing expeditions. The trail is well maintained and apart from the walk up Kala Pattar and the final stretch to base camp, not particularly demanding. What makes it hard going is the altitude, which may affect your performance, though rest days are built into the trek to help you acclimatize. Most trekking days allow ample time to cover the distance at a leisurely pace. To enjoy the trek fully you need to be fit and a regular hill walker. Previous trekking experience is obviously an asset, but is not essential.
Day 1 Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
Day 2 Sightseeing around Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 3 Fly to Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 5 Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 6 Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 7 Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 8 Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 9 Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 10 Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep (5180 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 11 Hike up Kalapattar (5555 meters) then trek down to Pheriche (4200 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 12 Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 13 Trek to Lukla (3404 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
Day 14 Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
Day 15 Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
Day 16 Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency