About Trip Overview
Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour is the perfect way for a taste of Tibet’s best in a short amount of time. It takes you deep inside the buzzing walls of the Barkor to barter for prayer flags or other souvenirs, let you peer into the hidden life of chanting Tibetan Monks at Jokhang Temple, and be enveloped in the vast expanses of the Tibetan landscape including the magnificent views of Mt. Everest, the third pole of the world.
Sherpa Guide Nepal has been organizing 14 days Tibet Everest Base Camp Tour which fly in to Lhasa from Kathmandu and return to Kathmandu by overland.
Day 1 Arrive in Nepal
Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Shot briefing about Tibet Tour. Welcome dinner at Nepalese Restaurant.
Day 2 Prepare for Tibet Tour Visa.
During the day, you will have Kathmandu sightseeing with tour guide. Visiting Swayambhunath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudanath Stupa, Pasupatinath Temple.
Day 3 Kathmandu (1,300 m.) to Lhasa (3,650 m.) by flight
Flying with Trans-Himalayan flight to Tibet. Our representative will meet you at the airport and transfer to hotel in Lhasa. Full rest day for acclimatization.
Day 4 Sightseeing in Lhasa
Visiting Potala Palace in the morning and in the afternoon, visiting Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Bazar.
Day 5 Sightseeing in Lhasa
Visiting Drepung Monestry and Sera Monastery
Day 6 Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950 m., 261 km.)
Driving to Gyantse via Yamadroke Lake and high passes,;Karo La (5,010 m.) and Kamba La (4,794 m.). Overnight at hotel in Gyantse.
Day 7 Gyantse to Xigatse (3,900 m., 90 km.)
In the morning, sightseeing in Gyantse, including Phalkor and Kubum Monastery. In the afternoon, taking a scenic ride to Xigatse (2 hrs.) through the typical Tibetan country side.
Day 8 Xigatse to Tingri (4,100 m., 270 km.)
Visiting Pancem Lama’s Tashilhumphu Monastery. After that, taking a ride to Tingri crossing over Gyatchu La (a pass of 5,220 m.)
Day 9 Tingri to Ronbuk (4,980 m., approx. 120 km.)
Taking a scenic drive to Ronbuk through the beautiful country side. Exploring Ronbuk Monastery (The highest monastery in the world). Camp/Guesthouse.
Day 10 Explore Everest Base Camp (5,150 m., 8 km.)
Driving to Everest Base Camp to explore Base Camp of the World’s Highest Peak. Camp/Guesthouse.
Day 11 Everest Base Camp to Tingri (132 km.)
Driving back to Tingri through the beautiful Tibetan landscape accompanied by the lingering impression of the highest mountain range of the Himalayas. Overnight at guesthouse in Tingri.
Day 12 Tingri to Nyalam (3,700 m., 187 km.) or to Zhagmu (2,300 m., 219 km.)
Driving to Nyalam or Zhangmu by over crossing the Lalung La pass (5,050 m.) from where one can enjoy the magnificent view of Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 m.) and Mt. Xishapagma (8,212 m.) being dwarfed by the height f the Tibet itself. Overnight at hotel or guesthouse
Day 13 Nayalam or Zhangmu to Kathmandu (155 km.)
After necessary border formalities, taking a scenic drive to Kathmandu through the beautiful country side of Nepal. (4-5 hours).
Day 14 Transfer to the airport and departure from Nepal.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency