About Trip Overview
Chulu West peak is part of the Manang Himal, which is quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6687 in a north-to-south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar Khola and Phu Khola. To the south it is bounded by the Marsyangdi Khola and the Mesokanta La. There exists considerable confusion with regard to the name and location of the Chulu peaks and what summit actually constitutes Chulu West and Chulu East, since it is soon becomes apparent to anyone that has climbed in the range that several other summits close by, which are actually part of the Chulu massif, are not indicated on present maps of the area. For the sake of clarification, four summits can be included in the Chulu group, two of which are possible on the permit for Chulu West and two on the Chulu East permit. What is apparent is that the available trekking map is highly misleading. A climb of one or both of these peaks combined with Nepal ‘s most famous Around the Annapurna trek make up for one of the most spectacular Himalayan trekking and climbing outings.
Day 1 Arrive in Kathmandu airport, Then transfer to Hotel. If you have time half day sightseeing in kathamndu valley.
Day 2 Full day sightseeing in Patan Durbarsquare and Bhaktapur then drive back to kathmandu. Day
Day 3 Preparation for the trip. and ready for the official documents.
Day 4 Drive to Besishar (823 m) approximately 7 hrs.
Day 5 Trek to Bahundanda (1310 m)
Day 6 Trek to Change (2657 m)
Day 7 Trek to Thonje (1920 m
Day 8 Trek to Chame (2651 m)
Day 9 Trek to Pisang (3333 m)
Day 10 Trek to Manang (3351 m)
Day 11 Manang, acclimatization day
Day 12 Trek to Ledder
Day 13 Trek to Chulu West base camp then start for the climbing.
Day 14 High Camp
Day 15 Summit day (6584 m)
Day 16 Extra day to summit
Day 17 Back to base camp
Day 18 Trek to ( Decend to) Manang
Day 19 Trek to Upper Pisang for the view and stay overnight at hotel in lower pisang.
Day 20 Trek to Chame (2651 m)
Day 21 Trek to Syangje
Day 22 Trek to Bahundanda (1310 m)
Day 23 Trek to Besisashar (823 m)
Day 24 Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 25 Free day in Kathmandu ( Explore the city by yourself)
Day 26 Departure to the Airport for your onward destination.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency