About Trip Overview
The Sherpa region of Solu makes a interesting alternative to Khumbu because of its lower elevations and lush fertile valleys. On the whole, the Sherpas of Solu are more prosperous then their cousins in Khumbu. We quickly get into the heart of Solu by flying to Phaplu. We ascend to the cliff-top monastery of Chiwong, then stop to visit the faini-lies of our staff in Taksindhu before heading into the high country. Our route takes us on a forested ridge above the Beni River, going ever higher toward its source-Dudh Kosi Lake and the glacier of the same name. Our high camp is beside the lake at 16,500′, almost directly at the feet of, and between, the two peaks which dominate the Solu: Numbar (22,831′) and Karyolang (21,919′), one of the few unclimbed summits of its size left in Nepal.
We’ll descend to visit Thupten Choling monastery Lind the village ot’Junbesi before again heading for high ground. We ascend a ridge to 13,333 ft. Pike Danda, where we’ll have one of the best views in Nepal. We descend to visit Thupten Choling monastery and the village of Junbesi before again heading for high ground. We ascend a ridge to 13,333 ft. Pike Danda, where we’ll have one of the best views in Nepal. We descend through rarely vistied Sherpa villages to Phaplu, then fly back to Kathmand
Day 1 receive from airport transfer to Hotel.
Day 2 Sightseeing in kathmandu.
Day 3 fly to phaplu same day trek to salme khola a (6000ft).
Day 4 trek to Mude danda (7500ft)
Day 5 trek to Jantala (8300ft).
Day 6 trek to Japre Gumba (9200ft)
Day 7 trek to Ngawor Gumba, (11000ft)
Day 8 trek to Shamsing (13000ft)
Day 9 trek to Pee ke danda camp at phedi (14000ft)
Day 10 trek to thumbu monasterie, (11300ft)
Day 11 trek to Jun beshi village (1000ft)
Day 12 trek to thukten monasterie (12000ft)
Day 13 trek to shimi danda, (14000ft)
Day 14 trek to Dhud kund (milk lake) 15000ft)
Day 15 rest day at Dhud kund.
Day 16 trek down to Tagshindu Monasterie, 9500ft)
Day 17 exploration day at Tagshindu.
Day 18 trek to Chiwang monasterie, (8000ft)
Day 19 trek to Phaplu airport, ( 8000ft)
Day 20 fly back to kathmandu.
Day 21 free day in kathmandu.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency