About Trip Overview
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve can claim its distinct identity for one good reason – the vast expanse of the Koshi River. Today, with the wild buffalo preserved, the reserve has also won its niche as birdwatcher’s paradise in its true sense. The reserve to preserve the habitat of the remaining population of wild buffalo (locally known as Arna in Nepali). The reserve beckons all sorts of bird species. These birds fly all the way from Siberia to migrate during the winter season. The fact that many birds that arrive here are nowhere else seen in Nepal. Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a homeland of endangered Gharial crocodile, Gangetic dolphin, ducks, herons, storks, egrets, and ibis and among others.
Day 1 Arrive at Biratnagar airport. Ddrive to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Camp.
Day 2 0600 Hrs : Morning nature walk nearby. After Breakfast, Gentle wildlife rafting on the Sapta Koshi river with guides. View some of the water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins, marine and jungle wildlife. End boat trip by the bank of the river and have picnic lunch. Short drive to the Koshi Barrage to view bird life and fresh water dolphins. Late afternoon return to the camp.
Day 3 Early Morning Bird watching in the jungle nearby. After Breakfast, Birding along the dam of the Koshi River and the area of Pink Tower which crosses the Koshi Barrage. Picnic lunch at the Pink Tower. Late afternoon return to camp for dusk bird watching.
Day 4 Morning Bird watching in the jungle nearby.
After Breakfast, Departure to Biratnagar airport. Fly back to Kathmandu
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency