About Trip Overview
Helambu trek region is popular among the trekkers for its scenery and favorable climate. Located about 72 kilometers northeast of Kathmandu, it extends from north of Taramarang to the tree limit of the Gosainkunda Lake and lower slopes of Jugal Himal. While doing Helambu valley trekking we meet several highland Tamang and Sherpa villages, scattered on both sides of the Malemchi Khola. Trekking in Nepal are vary on the desire of the clients and we can design the itinerary of Helambu trekking in Nepal as per our clients request.
The trekking Langtang valley is aptly called ” the valley of glaciers”. Here the mountain-scape is spectacular. On either side of Helambu valley trekking, mountains rise, soaring into the sky. Helambu treks offers pine forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primulas. In the upper part of the valley there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lakes with icebergs floating on them and waters of crystalline brightness.
Helambu hiking is comparatively easier one due to the fact that the elevations are lower, ranging between 800m. and 3600m, offering less climbing as well as warmer temperatures. The most important benefit of helambu treks is that the area is less crowded & free from noise in comparison to the Annapurna trek and some parts of the Everest treks. Besides easy and best trekking, the helambu trek offers a wide range of cultures and spectacular scenery.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathamndu airport and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Mounatin flight andSight seeing: Around Kathmandu valley: The holy place of Pashupatinath temple, Shoyambhunath temple, Boudhanath Stupa & Kathmandu Darbar Square), arrange the necessary permit for Trekking and Climbing. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3 Drive to trailhead Sundrijal (1460m) trek to Chisapani (2215m)
Day 4 Chisapani (2215) trek to Kutumsang (2470m)
Day 5 Kutumsang (2470m) trek to Tharepati (3510m)
Day 6 Tharepati (3510m) trek to Takeghyang (2740m)
Day 7 Exploration day around Tarkeghyang
Day 8 Tarkeghyang trek to Sermathang (2510m)
Day 9 Sermathang (2510 m) trek to Melamchipul (870m)
Day 10 Sightseeing Patan and Bhaktapur and evening farewell dinner at typical Nepali restaurant.
Day 11 nternational departure.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency