About Trip Overview
Upper Mustang is an ancient Himalayan Kingdom behind the mountains was completely closed to foreigners until 1991. The capital of Mustang district is Jomsom and the restricted area if Tibetan influence is north of Kagbeni and commonly referred to as Upper Mustang. It is consists of two district region; the southern region with five villages inhabited by Manangis and the northern region as same as Tibetan traditions.Mustang has a long, rich and complex history that makes it one of the most interesting parts of Nepal. The early history of Lo is shrouded in legend, myth and mystery. Trek to this region is through infertile, almost treeless landscapes. Strong winds usually scream across the area in the afternoon, generally settle down at night. Being in the rain shadow area of the Himalaya has less rainfall than the rest parts of Nepal.
Upper Mustang is a restricted area and up till 1992 it was forbidden for foreign visitors to enter the kingdom. Nowadays foreigners are allowed, but to enter Upper Mustang they have to buy a permit of US$ 500 (to be arranged through a trekking agency and valid for 10 days, each additional day costs US$ 50).
Day 1 Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2 Explore the city and prepare for the trek.
Day 3 Drive to Pokhara.
Day 4 Fly to Jomsom (2700m) and trek to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day 5 Trek to Chuksang (2900m)
Day 6 Trek to Samar (3150m)
Day 7 Trek to Geling (3510m)
Day 8 Trek to Ghami (3490m)
Day 9 Trek to Charang (3620m)
Day 10 Trek to Lo Manthang (3840m)
Day 11 Explore Lo Manthang
Day 12 Trek back to Ghami (3490m)
Day 13 Ghami to Chuksang (2900m)
Day 14 Chuksang to Muktinath (3795m)
Day 15 Trek to Jomsom
Day 16 Fly to Pokhara
Day 17 Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 18 Final Departure on your destination.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency