About Trip Overview
Sunkosi is the longest river offered in Nepal. Sunkoshi, “River of Gold” is considered one of the ten best rafting rivers in the world. The Sun Kosi flows eastwards in Nepal through the great valley between the Mahabharat Lek Mountains and the Himalaya. It forms the watershed for most of eastern Nepal and gathering strength from tributaries draining the highest mountains in the world it emerges onto the northern plains of India where it joins the Ganges.In November, the flow at Dolalghat is about 100 cubics: lower down the river, through the big rapids of the ‘jungle Corridor’, it would be about 400 currents which is approx. 11,000 cfs-a typical low flow on the Grand Canyon of the Colorado. At the take-out, at Chatra, the flow is a mighty 800 cubic- still only a fraction of monsoon levels! The rafting starting point (Dolalghat) to ending point (Chautara) covers 270 km. It’s fully nice to meet some of remote village nestled on the laps of hills; Hindu temples and religious spots along the way make this trip really joyful.
Day 1 Departure at 8.00 A.M. to rafting put in point (Dolalghat) and arrive at 11.30 A.M.
Commence rafting after lunch. Camp near Tarang Village.
Day 2 Raft to Dumja Village.
Day 3 Raft to Likhu Khola.
Day 4 Raft to Harkapur
Day 5 Raft to Raighat.
Day 6 Raft to Rasuwa Khola.
Day 7 Raft to KampuGhat
Day 8 Raft to SinduriVillage.
Day 9 Finish the trip at Chatara. Transfer to Dharan by Jeep.
Proceed to Kathmandu/ Pokhara/ Chitwan by bus.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency