About Trip Overview
Mt. Baruntse Peak one of the beautiful 7,000m snow peaks in the Himalayas of Nepal. This mountain lies in the heart of the Khumbu massif to the west of Makalu. This captivating ridge is surrounded by some of the most famous peaks of the world Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam and the list continues. Baruntse is the most accessible 7000-meter peak in the region besides having a normal route of ascent, which can be guided.The first to make its summit were the already famous Hillary and Jim McFarland. The ascent route is through the southern ridge overhanging the famous West pass; this is an act the traditional route opened by Hillary and Shipton in 1952. The regular approach begins at Lukla and takes you across the Mera Peak trek up to Mera – La and then Hongu valley, one of the most fertile regions in Nepal, passing northward through a beautiful alpine environment. The walk passes through delightful Sherpa country and provides for excellent acclimatization. The Baruntse base camp is at an altitude of around 5250m. and sits near the pristine lakes below Amphu Labtsa pass. The route then follows a long ridge leading to the summit. An ascent on Baruntse is an adventure for climbers wishing to meet a true Nepalese 7000 meter.Normally, we establish two camps above the base camp in Baruntse climbing. The camp (I) is set up just below East Col. at an altitude of 5,700m and the camp (II) is on the South – East Ridge at a height of 6,420m.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our staff then transfer to Hotel.
Day 2 Free in Kathmandu.
Day 3 Official works for expedition and briefing by officer of Ministry of Tourism.
Day 4 Kathmandu – Lukla by flight then trek to Chutanga.
Day 5 Chutanga – Nau Lekha. Tented Camp.
Day 6 Nau Lekha – Kothey . Tented Camp.
Day 7 Kothey – Thangnak. Tented Camp.
Day 8 Thangnak – Khare. Tented Camp.
Day 9 Kare – Mera Base Camp. Tented Camp.
Day 10 Mera BC – Seto Pokhari. Tented Camp.
Day 11 Seto Pokhari – Baruntse Base Camp. Tented Camp.
Day 1230 Climbing period of Mt. Baruntse 7129m. Tented Camp.
Day 31 Baruntse BC – Setopokhari. Tented Camp.
Day 32 Setopokhari – Mera Base Camp. Tented Camp.
Day 33 Mera Base Camp – Khare. Tented Camp.
Day 34 Khare – Thagnag. Tented Camp.
Day 35 Thagnag – Kothey. Tented Camp.
Day 36 Kothey – Chutanga. Tented Camp.
Day 37 Chutanga – Lukla and transfer to Teahouse Lodge.
Day 38 Early flight back to Kathmandu then transfer to Hotel.
Day 39 Free in Kathmandu.
Day 40 Last minute, transfer to airport for your onward journey.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency