About Trip Overview
The Arun valley provides really superb views of both Mt Everest and Makalu. It is located between the Sagarmatha and Makalu-Barun National Parks. Trekking in this valley provides an alternative approach to the Khumbu Arun Valley. We recommend this approach to those people who have already been in the Everest Arun Valley and want to revisit Everest Base Camp (Kala Pattar) via a less traveled route.
The trek requires stamina and fitness to fully appreciate the beauty of the Arun Valley . which provides some outstanding mountain views. Commencing with a flight to Tumlingtar to the East of Everest, the first week is spent trekking through virgin territory into the Solu Khumbu Arun Valley before a push up on the main Everest trail to Kala Pattar for tremendous close ups of Everest, Nuptse and Lhotse along with many others before a journey back to Lukla and a flight to Kathmandu.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu & Transfer to hotel
Day 2 Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
Day 3 Fly to Tumlingtar.
Day 4 Trek from Tumlingtar to Kartike Ghat
Day 5 Trek from Kartike Ghat to Gothe Bazar
Day 6 Trek from Gothe Bazar to Salpa Phedi (1680m)
Day 7 Trek from Salpa Phedi to Guranse, 2880m. crossing over Salpa Pass, 3349m.
Day 8 Trek from Guranse to Share
Day 9 Trek fro Share to Bung.
Day 10 Trek from Bung to Najingdingma, 2650m.
Day 11 Trek from Najingdingma to Pangum, 2850m.
Day 12 Trek from Pangum to Puiyan, 2730m.
Day 13 Trek from Puiyan to Lukla, 2840m. Last day with trekking crew.
Day 14 Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 15 Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. Evening Nepali dinner with cultural program.
Day 16 Free until departure. Transfer to airport for onwards flight.
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency