About Trip Overview
Lumbini is the birth of place of Lord Buddha and has been declared as a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. It is small town in the southern Terai plains of Nepal, where the ruins of the old city can still be seen. At the age of 84, he left this world with thousands of followers to keep Buddhism alive. Lumbini has since been a holy ground for Buddhists all over the world. The restored garden and surroundings of Lumbini have the remains of many of the ancient stupas and monasteries. A large stone pillar erected by the Indian Emperor Ashoka in 250 BC bears an inscription about the birth of the Buddha. An important part of Lumbini is the temple of Maya Devi. It has stone image of Maya Devi giving birth to Lord Buddha as she holds onto a branch. An important archeological site near Lumbini, Kapilvastu evokes the ancient palace where Lord Buddha spent his formative years. Scattered foundations of the palace are abundant and archeologists have by now discovered 13 successive layers of human habitation dating back to the eighth century BC. Access: Siddhartha Highway connects Lumbini by road to Pokhara, Tansen and Kathmandu. Regular Flights from Kathmandu to Siddharthanagar, which is a 15 – 20 minute drive from Lumbini, connects Lumbini to the capital.
Day 1 Your arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport(TIA) and you will be meet our airport representative then transfer to hotel.
Day 2 City tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swyambhunath Temple, Patan Durbar Square and back to hotel.
Day 3 City tour of Bouddhanath, Pashupatinath Temple & Bhaktapur Durbar square and back to Hotel.
Day 4 Drive to Pokhara and after arrived at Pokhara City tour of davids fall, Gupteswory cave, Bindabasini Temple.
Day 5 Early mornig drive to Sarankot for sunrise view and back to Pokhara then fly back to Kathmandu in the afternoon.
Day 6 Departure
Date and Cost
- Pick up and drop transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Accomodation and three meals a day during the trekking
- Trekking guide and porters
- National parks’ fees, TIMS card and government royalties
- Domestic air ticket and airport tax for tourists and guides as mentioned in the itinerary
- Insurance of our trekking staff members
- Trekking and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley or other parts of Nepal as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sleeping bags
- Down jackets
- Duffle bags
- Oxygen cylinder
- Trekking map
- First Aid Kit
- Farewell dinner with cultural program or dinner with Nepali family
- International air ticket, airport tax and Nepal visa fees
- Travel insurance and the cost of medical services of tourists
- All kinds of cloth and personal trekking equipment
- Other personal expenses and tips
- Charted helicopter, plane and other transports in case of emergency